“How do I start making games?” is probably the #1 question I get asked by folks trying to get into gamedev. Often they are either frustrated with a lack of clear answers or overwhelmed by the flood of options.
It’s ok! Every game developer had to start somewhere. The great news is that there’s more support for the novice game maker than ever before. It’s really a fantastic time to start.
So let’s sort out what is holding you up, and get you out there to start making games!
In this episode we talk about:
- Different approaches to start making games – plus a shortcut!
- The most common pitfalls when you start making games
- The importance of playtesting
- How “quitting” can actually improve your game
- How to sail over hurdles that pop up when you just start making games
Plus a new project to help more advanced gamedevs prepare for your dream game job.